Monday, April 30, 2012

FREEBIE - Magnet Sorting Experiment


Magnet Sorting Experiment

Here is an experiment we use to learn which items
are attracted to magnets and which items are not.




It is always interesting to see what items the students predict will be attracted to magnets.  I am always surprised at the misconceptions.  One item they often incorrectly predict as one that WILL be attracted to a magnet is the copper penny.  They seem to assume that ALL metals are attracted to magnets.  We even get out one of each coin and take the investigation that much farther. 



My kiddos have a blast exploring with magnets!



This is one of 5 experiments in my newest product just uploaded this week to TPT and TN.  If you like this FREE product, please be sure to rate it. 



You may also want to download the FREE preview of my new complete 31-page product called, Magnets:A Complete Unit”. 



Feel free to come and visit my blog or Facebook fan page for more freebies, teaching tips and more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog! I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips